Carbondale, Illinois | View map
NeuroRestorative’s flagship location in Carbondale, Illinois is located across from Southern Illinois University, which provides a unique opportunity for collaborative research efforts and, for some participants, reintegration into post-secondary education. Founded in 1977, the program was the first dedicated after-hospital rehabilitation program in the country for people with brain injury and has continued as a leader in the field for more than thirty years. We offer a continuum of care in nearly 30 community-based settings throughout Carbondale including single-family homes, supported apartments, day treatment centers and workshops, schools and more. Through this continuum and range of program locations we are able to support adults, children and adolescents at all stages of post-acute rehabilitation.
Click the image below to check out our 3D virtual tour!
NeuroRestorative Academy in Carbondale offers dynamic learning opportunities in a supported environment. The school is ISBE 14-7.02 [a]-401 regulations-approved by the Illinois State Board of Education to serve students with brain injuries. The Carbondale, program offers students a fun, innovative environment within a brand new, state-of-the-art school building. The school is approved by the Illinois State Board of Education as a nonpublic residential facility and has been serving adolescents with brain injury ages 11-21 for more than two decades.
The services listed below may be offered by our staff and other professionals on-site or in the community. NeuroRestorative also coordinates or assists participants in accessing additional services from other health professionals and local service providers as necessary.
Click the image below to check out our 3D virtual tour of NeuroRestorative Academy!
- Children & Adolescent Programs
- Day Treatment
- Supported Living
- 24-Hour Emergency On-Call Support
- 24-Hour Staff Support & Supervision
- Behavior Analysis & Therapy
- Cable & Phone Access Available
- Case Management
- Community Integration
- Computer & Internet Access Available
- Dietary Consultation
- Family Education & Training
- Fitness Equipment & Activities
- Health & Wellness Services
- Home Management Skills Training
- Licensed School/Specialized Education
- Life Skills Training
- Meal Planning & Preparation
- Medical Services Management
- Medication Management & Administration
- Neuropsychological Consultation
- Nutritional Education
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Consultation
- Productive Activities
- Room & Board
- Social & Recreational Activities
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Structured Day Rehabilitation
- Substance Abuse Services